FCSS believes that:
- A community’s most valuable resources are its people.
- Each municipality is unique and is best able to determine what its own needs are.
- Citizen participation, partnerships, volunteer service, and self-help should be encouraged and supported.
- Voluntarism is valuable in that it allows citizens to contribute directly to our community. If you need volunteers or want to volunteer, contact us and we will match volunteers to needs.
Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is an 80/20 funding partnership between the Government of Alberta, and municipalities or Metis Settlements. Provincially, the FCSS Program receives its mandate from the Family and Community Support Services Act and Regulation. The Regulation sets out the service requirements, that a municipality or Settlement must meet to be eligible for funding. At the local level, a municipality or Metis Settlement Council chooses whether to establish a Program, and enters into an agreement with the province to jointly fund the Program. Under FCSS, communities design and deliver social programs that are preventive in nature to promote and enhance well-being among individuals, families, and communities. The programs depend on community resources, often involving volunteers in management and delivery.
The FCSS philosophy is based on a belief that self-help contributes to a sense of integrity, self-worth and independence. The programs developed are intended to help individuals in their community to adopt healthy lifestyles, thereby improving the quality of life and building the capacity to prevent and/or deal with crisis situations should they arise.
For detailed information, read the FCSS Handbook.
Click here to go to the Family and Community Support Services Association of Alberta, (FCSSAA), website.
Click here to view Claresholm FCSS Board Meeting Minutes.
Click here to read the Claresholm FCSS bylaws.
Download the In-Home Supports Brochure here. home support services
|MISSION: To empower the people of Claresholm and District to attain a desirable quality of life.
VISION: Claresholm and District FCSS envisions a strong, healthy, positive and caring community which maintains a high quality of life through mutual respect and interaction.
We Build Albertans
Effective Thursday, March 19th, 2020, the FCSS office will be temporarily closed to the public during the COVID-19 closures. The staff will still be working behind the scenes to help you in any way that we can. If you are in distress and are in need of help or information, please do not hesitate to phone our office at 403-625-4417
Our Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) is still running. If you are eligible and are in need of having your taxes done by our volunteers, please follow these important steps:
1. Please put all tax forms in a sealed envelope with your NAME and PHONE# clearly printed on the envelope.
2. Drop your envelope off at the Town Office building in the mail slot (221 45th Ave West)
3. We will contact YOU by phone if we need any additional information.
4. Please DO NOT come to the FCSS to check up on your taxes. We will contact you and go over your taxes once they are done, and then we can file them.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time and we apologize for any inconvenience
Please notify us if you see anything on our website that needs updating.