Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) provides preventative social programming to promote and enhance well-being among individuals and families and promote the development of stronger communities.
Claresholm FCSS is a funding partnership between the Government of Alberta, the Town of Claresholm, and the MD of Willow Creek.
One of the key principles of FCSS is local responsibility for priority need setting and resource allocation.
Family and Community Support Services believes:
- A community’s most valuable resources are its people.
- Each municipality is unique and is best able to determine its own needs.
- A community must support and encourage citizen participation, partnerships, volunteer service, and self-help.
- Volunteerism allows citizens to contribute directly to our community.
The FCSS philosophy is based on a belief that self-help contributes to a sense of integrity, self-worth and independence. Our programs are intended to support healthy lifestyles, improving the quality of life of individuals in our community and building the capacity to prevent and/or deal with crisis situations should they arise.
We offer a local presence for people who need assistance. If we cannot help, we refer individuals to the appropriate services.
Learn more about FCSS:
- Claresholm FCSS Board Meeting Minutes
- Claresholm FCSS bylaws
- Claresholm In-Home Supports
- Family and Community Support Services Association of Alberta
|MISSION: To empower the people of Claresholm and District to attain a desirable quality of life.VISION: Claresholm and District FCSS envisions a strong, healthy, positive and caring community which maintains a high quality of life through mutual respect and interaction.|
We Build Albertans
Please notify us if you see anything on our website that needs updating.